Today I publish a collection of news articles that are rather interesting. Today’s attention goes for Microsoft (CES), Activision, Nintendo and Mojang.
Microsoft has released information about their upcoming product for Xbox360 together with the Kinect. It is named IllumiRoom and it projects visuals from the game around your TV and the rest of your room to broaden your gaming experience.
They presented it with a video on the current Electronics Expo CES 2013. You can check out their presentation page here:
Activision has announced to release Walking Dead: Survival Instinct as well to WiiU next to PS3, Xbox360 and PC. The new title will launch in Europe on the 29th of March.
Nintendo has released a bigger list for their UK WiiU game titles launch window.
– Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Nintendo) – January 11th
– Sing Party (Nintendo) – January 18th
– Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) – January 24th
– Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) – February 8th
– NBA 2K13 (2K Games) – February 11th
– Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) – February 28th
– F1 Star Stars (Codemasters) – March 1st
– Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcon) – March
– The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Namco Bandai) – March
– Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega) – Q1 2013
– Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA) – Q1 2013
– LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) – Early 2013
– Pikmin 3 (Nintendo) – Q2 2013
– BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 (Gaijin Games) – Q1 2013
– Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid) – Q1 2013
– The Cave (Sega) – Q1 2013
Mojang has released their 1.4.7 update yesterday. The update contained some fixes:
– Fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers
– Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star
– Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records
Those who play on servers:
Bukkit has already been updated with these tweaks and allows people playing with a client version of 1.4.7 on 1.4.6 compatible servers and vice versa.
Also Mojang released some interesting statistics that made me dazzle. On Christmas day itself (25th of December 2012) 70.808 people bought the game for PC/Mac; 100.416 people bought the Xbox360 edition and 283.939 people bought the Pocket Edition.
Amazing numbers.. I just wonder, hasn’t everybody gotten the game by now? Or are people having several copies at home? Or do Chinese gold sellers also buy Minecraft copies (I see no use in that, but okay).
Only thing I can imagine having an extra Minecraft copy for, is to have a PC running a camera while I am building awesome things to create timelapses from etc (although for that there is software I believe that can run on the server).
Here you can find the awesome sales statistics from Mojang:
That’s the news for today.